Thursday, July 2, 2009

Walking!

During all of the work going on outside, there wasn't much Little J could do. He did really enjoy watching Daddy on the Backhoe and fell asleep in his stroller a couple of times - worn out just watching us work!
He watched from the window for awhile and then he thought 'if a little guys gonna get to do anything - he's got to be able to get around on his own!' So he started walking! And after the rounds of applause and excited cheers from his older brother and sisters - he thought he'd keep walking.
High Five Little J!! We're proud of you!
Now go get some work gloves, we've got work to do.

7 comments:

KathyB. said...

Our youngest grandchild is walking! He is such a happy, happy boy, and now that he is walking he will be an 'into everything boy', won't it be fun?

Anonymous said...

Good for Little J - High five from me! You will all have the job of keeping up with him now.
Enjoy your weekend.

Wobegon Cottage said...

I think Hunter is not far behind so I am guessing within a month or two he will also be walking. I am very happy for you but not sure if I will be happy for me..He is into everything already. This last month I have really found my age trying to keep up with him. From the time he wakes up until nap time he is on the go. Congratulations Little J

Susie said...

Oh how sweet! Love that little pic of him looking out the window.

Now I reckon he'll be all over the place exploring.

Connie said...

Hurray! His face is full of joy at his achievement. What a wonderful milestone to celebrate. Happy 4th of July to you and your family! :)

Wilson Clan said...

Oh my goodness!! Bless his little heart--and feet!!!! :) :)

CaroltheRose said...

I love that look on his face while he's walking, Matthew and Ava did that face, I think all kids do. its the laugh and the wobbling and the sheer overwhelming ecstacy of accomplishment. it took Ava forever to walk because everytime she did she got so excited that she lost her balance! same with dancing. she would scrunch up her nose and shriek with laughter and try to bounce around so much that she'd end up on her butt.
I cant believe that little guy is walking already and I havent even seen him yet!!!