Whew! It's always lots of fun to have multiple activities to attend on summer weekends and it's always nice when the fun is over and you can sit down and breathe again at home! We had a packed weekend starting off Saturday morning at my husband's work picnic where he had the job of barbecuing.
The picnic was at a park and our kids were able to meet up with two little girls who belong to a co - worker. They all enjoyed feeding ducks bread on a pond. There were MANY ducks. One of the little girls dropped her lipgloss into the pond on accident and the ducks went crazy over it. She was very upset about it until CT retrieved it from the quacking mob.
Little J looked on from his stroller, very entertained by the noise and splashes from the duckies.
We then had to leave early to make it to CT's tae kwon do belt test on this hot and humid day. I'll write about that later. The day finished off with lots of food, friends and family gathered at one of my cousin's homes to watch the UFC fight and visit. ( And rest. )
Sunday brought us to my family reunion which was held at my parent's house. I got to visit with many family members I hadn't seen in a long time and got to meet a few cousin's spouses I had not met yet. My cousin Megan, shown in the photo above ( right ) is here visiting with her family from Illinois and I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting her daughter, son or husband until Sunday. I think they all make exceptional additions to our family!
The kids had no trouble entertaining themselves. It seemed my dad's hammock was a big attraction and plaything. These are actually the only two photos I was able to take since I was busy chasing Little J all over the yard. Now that he walks it's quite a work out to keep up with him. For more on the family reunion you can visit my mom's blog : Spot on Cedar Pond.
In the middle of all the chaos ... ahem, I mean fun ... we got a pool! My husband finally broke down and gave in to all my begging and pleading for something to swim in and bought us a pool just big enough that all 4 kids and I can fit in it at the same time. Woo Hoo! This is HUGE for me as I was the little girl who would fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and sit in it in the summers just to be IN water.
To make things easy and because it was Little J's first birthday yesterday, we took the kids out to eat at Burger King. This is quite possibly, my favorite place to eat. ( Yes, I'm a cheap date. )
As you can see, the kids enjoyed it too.

10 comments:
Wow - what a packed weekend. That pool looks like fun. I sat in a big washtub at my grandma's filled with cold water. It seemed huge back then!!!
I wondered where ducks get their lipgloss! Sounds like you had your hands full and you all had a great time. Have a good summer!
Looks like you did have a fun filled weekend. I bet you guys are going to love the pool.
Your exciting life and beautiful kids make it all seem like a fast-forward movie...an Oscar winner
It is so wonderful that your kids are growing up knowing about their Creator
Good Job you two
Audrey
Birdy must be a great barbecue chef - he got duty at your family reunion too! Looks like a good weekend to enjoy thoroughly then come home and relax back in the swimming pool (or perhaps splashing pool?) Your family brings such a smile to our faces - my husband is even walking over to my desk when I say something about "those nice people in Washington"
Oh I like your new pool and I'm pooped reading about all your Summer activities! hahaha What a great time for family and friends. :)
I forgot to say that little J already looks like an expert BK eater! :) I can't wait to give him kisses...
Tom does the very best barbecue! And we all know, all the best visiting and eating goes on around the grill!
Good save CT, the ducks can get their own lip gloss...
I am glad you got a good picture of Megan for your blog, and I had a lot of fun last week, thank-you ! Mom
p.s. you are a little water baby, aren't you?
Hurray for a pool! Looks like you had a very full and fun weekend. :D
Do you know what the duck said to the clerk at the drug store when he bought some lip gloss there?
"Just put it on my bill, please." :D
HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HA Ha ha ! Daisy! Thanks for the chuckle! I had not heard that one before - I'm going right out to tell it to my kids! Mildred ~ I'm glad to hear there are other water nuts out there who just used any ol' puddle we could find!
Debbie and KathyB. ~ We'd told the little girl that the ducks just wanted to look pretty and put on some lip gloss to calm her down because she was horribly upset. Then when she got it back her mom told her to make sure to wash the duck lips off the lip gloss when she got home.
We've been in our pool everyday this week - even my husband got in and swam around for awhile last night. =)
Post a Comment