Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Picnic at Owens Beach

My husband barbecuing chicken and hot dogs for his work picnic. They had it at Owen's Beach this year. I haven't been down there since I was really little. Mom and Dad used to take us there to play in the water and we'd catch jelly fish.
There are steep hills with lots of neat roots to climb on going down to the beach. If you climb up to the top and through the trees a bit you come to Pt. Defiance Park and Zoo.
Here's a big jelly fish. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Mom Q. ( My husband's mom ) moved in with us in the middle of June? She's set up in the RV next to our house so she has her own little 'apartment'. We're enjoying having her around - the kids love to run 'next door' to visit her and eat breakfast or lunch.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That Owens beach looks very nice! (Minus the jellyfish of course - lol!)

Connie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. How neat to have Grandma nearby. I bet that's a special treat for your kids.

Susie said...

How nice the kids can see their grandma anytime they want.

Looks like a great place for a picnic except for that jellyfish. Ick!

Wilson Clan said...

Wow! You catch jelly fish? I've always stayed away from them! I love your adventures!