Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three Grandmas

Little J. had a wonderful 2nd birthday. He ate barbecue hamburgers outside with his siblings and two cousins, played with his new presents and really enjoyed spending time with his great grandparent's B, Grandparents B and Nana.
Daddy helped him blow out his candle. He loves chocolate so we made a chocolate cake and he really likes tractors and big trucks. He picked out a toy semi pulling a John Deere tractor on it's trailer at the store. I didn't let him know I bought it for him and then made his cake into a highway with the tractor plowing chocolate 'dirt' on one side and green pastures on the other side. The semi is driving down the highway. He was so excited about that cake and just wanted to look at it and talk about the big truck and tractor.
Since we had all three of his Grandma's there we thought to take a photo together. He has only 2 other Great Grandmas ( blood related ) alive and they live Sooooooooo far away but we show him photos of them. Below is my husband's mom ( Nana to Little J. ), "Great Grandma B." and my mom " Grandma". to Little J.
I thought my grandma looked better in this photo below so I added it too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so happy and the cake is just perfect for his second birthday. How blessed he is to have this photo with his grandmas.

Connie said...

What a great mom you are to make such a cool cake! :D Loved the grandma photo---wonderful! What a picture to treasure in years to come.

KathyB. said...

Glad you included both photos, thanks! How blessed the kids are to have Grandmas so close and involved in their lives.How blessed we Grandmas are too!

Wobegon Cottage said...

I might have to copy that cake ..it is exactly one Hunter would love. He loves tractors and big trucks.His birthday is Aug 22 and I was going to have him over to eat cake and ice cream, he thinks those are dinner foods:)