Well, we're all on storm watch in our area. It's supposed to hit tonight and go until tomorrow so we cancelled the Christmas party we were supposed to have tonight at our house with my mom's side of the family. Last year people died because they thought they could drive around on the roads out here while it was really windy, icy and snowy. We have lots of big trees in the area that like to break and fall when snow is piled on them. We care too much for our family members to ask them to drive through all of that just to party. We're prepared for the storm and possible power outage and we don't have any trees near our house so for now we're just enjoying the snow!

KN, MN and Little J enjoying the sparkly snow!
Our little guy seemed to really like being out there even if it was only for a few minutes.
MN decorating the yard with snow angels.
A little snow storm won't keep a good Guamanian away from his barbecue! We had to grill up all the chicken we'd thawed out for the party so it wouldn't get wasted if the power goes out. ( Yes, it's dark out there too. )
I went out last night to bring in more wood for the fire and there was our black Australorp rooster 'Stormy' sleeping curled up on the front porch. I gave him a plate of scraps. Later around midnight I noticed him sleeping there alone still and thought he might get cold since it was supposed to get into the single digits. I found an old Tshirt of mine and put it on him. He said ' Bock Bock' and then settled back down with the shirt on. It was cute. This morning when I had to clean off the porch, I didn't think having a rooster sleep on the porch was so cute any more.
5 comments:
I pray that you won't have a lot of damage and lose power. I am grateful that your family will not be on the roads though; it's just too risky. The grill all fired up makes me hungry and I giggled to myself when reminded about Tater staring at that turtle!!! Looks like the children enjoyed the pretty snow. Stay safe and enjoy your time together.
It's fun to see your little ones enjoying the snow. I'll keep your family in thought and prayers to be safe throughout the storm.
I'm sorry you had to cancel your party but that sounds like it was a good idea. Enjoyed your pictures. It looks like everyone enjoyed the snow.
I hope you didn't/haven't had any storm damage or power outages.
I hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas!
So glad to hear that you're all fairing the crazy weather. :) The snow in our backyard is up to McKenzie's tummy, and it's hard not to laugh as she walks through it. Stay warm!
Hey, did you save any barbecue for us ? The pictures of the kids in the snow warm my heart, and the rooster, what can you say about a rooster who prefers to run with the big dogs except.....be careful! Mom
Post a Comment