It's been snowing non stop for the past three days. No wind storm came our way but we did get around 4 inches of new snow. What do you do with 4 inches of new snow? You build a snow cow.
"Hey! " ( Me, outside, rapping on the window to my husband ) " Come take a picture of our snow cow!"
He grabs the camera ......
Nice. I guess I'll have to get the picture of the SNOW COW myself.....

Isn't it handsome? And so easy to take care of! It eats snow, and poops snow too so clean up is easy. Our son stayed out an hour longer and built a snow farmer right in front of the cow's face. The farmer is carrying a small snow bale to feed the cow. I took a photo of that too but white on a white background doesn't show up too well.Let's go tromp around in the snow and check on the animals ... look at the snow on our quail pen!
It's the large netted thing in the top left corner.

These are the first photo's I've ever been able to take of our quail - usually they're dodging through the grasses and too fast for me. Don't they look cute and cozy? They are Bobwhite Quail. We had Valley Quail too but they all found a way out of the netted pen and some are still hanging around the edges of our property and some became our cat's favorite hobby and meal.Our son went outside for awhile last night while I was making dinner. We now have a snow pony, two snow bunnies and a large snow ball right in front of the house.
I hear a lot of our country is covered in snow at the moment. No need to dream - looks like it will be a white Christmas!
I hear a lot of our country is covered in snow at the moment. No need to dream - looks like it will be a white Christmas!
8 comments:
What pretty snow pictures. GA is finally getting cold temps, but no snow, so I appreciate you sharing yours. Your children are very creative with their snow animals!
Enjoyed looking at your snow animals. Those little quail are cute! A white Christmas, how neat!
I love the snow cow! And how fun to have quail!!
The snow animals are great, Bet and I made snow men,I love the pics of the quail.
I am thorougly laughing at the snow cow! :-) And also at the difference between there and here--you got 4 inches in three days? That's about HALF a day's worth for us on average! :-D
Aw...I love the snow cow and your other snow animals. What fun! :D
We just might be building snow animals here tomorrow, but for now CT and Poppa are on 'coyote watch'. CT told Poppa he wants to get up with him if he hears coyotes and has to go outside!I am not too sure either of them will actually hear anything, they're sleeping pretty soundly!
The quails look so pretty! I love the snow cow...very cute. :) And the video is of my favorite scene in that movie. Happy snow days!
Post a Comment