Alright, so these aren't on my list of 'favorite' Christmas songs but they do bring back fun memories. I believe I was around 8 or 9 years old when I heard this first one. In the evenings during the week before Christmas, Mom would be fixing dinner in the kitchen and Dad would turn on the Christmas tree lights and then turn off all of the other lights in the living room. Then we'd sit on the couch to stare at the tree. Mom would already have the stereo tuned to the Christmas songs and Dad would tell me to watch the lights blink to the beat of the music. He said the lights knew what songs were playing and would go on and off right to the rhythm. One of these evenings, this song came on the stereo and I've never forgotten it, although I didn't know until I searched to put it here on this post that it came with video!
Being from a family of Norwegians, who like to do Norwegian things and tell Norwegian yokes and listen to Norwegian music, this song was played at my aunt and uncle's house during one family Christmas gathering when I was around the same age - 8 or 9.
6 comments:
Well., I am in the mood for some lefse now , and yust a hopin this granny doesn't git run over by a reindeer! Mom
I love the videos! Baby J is adorable in his walker - hope he feels better soon with that first tooth!
I haven't heard those versions of the songs. They are both funny. Love that first video! Thanks for making me smile this a.m.
Why does the guy in the red flannel underwear make me think of your uncle David? Ü ~Kathleen
Well, hopefully you haven't had to see Uncle David dance and sing in his red flannel long johns but I'm sure he's probably sung to this song before and maybe danced too.
Oh my - some traditions just could not be improved upon - the cookies and the music are holiday magic!Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment