Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pt. Defiance Zoo

Yesterday was a fun day spent at the zoo I lived next to from the age of 5 to 11 years old.
My mom took me and the kids and I believe the temp hit 90 degrees.
The yellow fish in the photo hid from a man with a fancy camera but as soon as he left and Little J and I walked up to the window he came right up to the glass and followed us back and forth. NEMO!!!!!! I had to take this spider home with me. Cute little Meerkats!!! KN and MN at Meerkat exhibit

The only elephant not hiding.

KN in the new parakeet exhibit where if you're lucky ... a parakeet will land on your $1.00 stick and eat the seed off!

Whew! Time for an ice cream break in the shade!

KN dives into a mural of the city. Above her head is the part of the city where her daddy works!!

The kids and I at my favorite part ~ The reef with the sharks!

Mom and the kids. Thanks Mom / Grandma for a fun day at the zoo!!!

6 comments:

KathyB. said...

I like your captions! Taking the spider home, the cute little parakeet holding spider! I like your pictures and the one of me with the kids in the reef is a good one! I want a copy to hang on the wall, please?

I had a wonderful time at the zoo with you all, and KN suggested I give BOB a few more friends and teach them to land on honey / seed sticks so they can do that here.....hmmmm.....

LindaSue said...

zoos and aquariums --great fun and I love that spider - much less unnerving than the ones around our place. Thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Great times that will make for great memories. I can remember taking my kids to the zoo and what fun we all had, AND going to the zoo as a kid myself too.

That spider is probably the cutest one I've ever seen. Most of the ones we have here are kind of creepy and scary looking. HA!

Nancy M. said...

What a cool zoo! You have a nice family, it looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I like the spider web and Nemo.

Susie said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the zoo also. It looks like your parakeet exhibit was just like the one in Memphis.

Lanny said...

What?! Anna hasn't been here and declared that spider simple smoochie?!

I have a project for your girls, I'll give you a call later.