
I felt the need to make a note of this lovely little dress. Our 7 year old, KN, came out to show it to me a few weeks ago. " Do you like the Barbie dress I made?" She asked. "You made this just now?" I asked her. " Yeah, I found a little square piece of white fabric in my sewing kit so I thought I'd make a dress for my barbie." I was very impressed. So much detail and I love the color and even the fringe! The style is something I myself would never have thought to create with a square piece of fabric!
She hand stitched it up the side. I wouldn't mind having a dress like this for myself! She quickly went back to her room and began work on another dress - this one green and white - for her blonde barbie. Hmmm, we might need to invest in a good sewing machine for KN - she just might have a future in fashion design!
11 comments:
That's fantastic! Maybe your looking at the next big fashion designer. She's talented!
She is showing rare talent for a seven year old. And taste as well!
Perhaps a sewing machine is a good thing to put on the Christmas or birthday list.
That's is a very creative design! She is going to have some very well-dressed Barbie's. Good for her and I bet a sewing machine and lots of fringe, beads, ribbons etc. would be fun for her to create new fashions with.
I was just at Miss Sandy's blog @ Quill Cottage (your mom is a follower of hers) and she has created a tiny little dress for a memory box that you and your daughter would love to see!
WOW!!! she is good. Maybe she will be selling on e-bay soon.
As KN's grandma,Poppa and I would like to contribute funds towards the purchase of a sewing machine for her!
She has always exhibited an uncommon eye towards designing and creating lots of things, from gardening , to art projects,embroidery, to dressing herself! It is fun watching her grow and express herself. We love her so much!Good thing she is home-schooled, this offers her so many more opportunities to practice her creativity.
Me again, Mildred is right, have KN check out Quill Cottage , and view the dress. KN might enjoy many of the creative projects Sandy Babb shows on her blog.
Nice Job!
Thank you all for your kind comments! I read them all to KN and she had a huge smile on her face. This will be fun for her to look back on as one of her first sewing creations!
I’ve made numerous contacts in the clothing industry here in Chicago and New York. Please check your young designer's schedule and see if she has any openings for a possible lunch with Gucci or Marc Jacobs. J/K but seriously, we are impressed with her talent and look forward to her 2010 line. : )
Very cute! Yes, I think you should encourage her creativity. It sounds as if she enjoys it.
Post a Comment