This is our OLD garage. We call it that because it is not our new garage which is attached to our house. This garage was built 25 years ago by a man who then lived in it for awhile before dividing and selling the property to another family who had a manufactured home put on the property, then a few years later sold the property to us. We use this old garage mainly for storage and a work shop and used it as our living / dining room while living in a tent waiting for our new house to be built.
This garage has an attic. This is the entrance in the ceiling to the attic. Would you go up there?
We've never been up there but know there are 'things' up there. Mysterious things. Curious things. Why haven't we gone up there? Well, I have not gone up there because there are also creepy, crawly things up there .... like this ~
And this ~
I don't really want to step on any of that - or have it in my hair, or on my head, or down my back! I did get the bright idea to stand on a ladder and reach my arm up in there, holding my camera and snap a bunch of pictures with the flash on. Here's what I saw in the photos afterwards......
Not exactly sure what this is.

Now I know those are canning jars...
And, hmmm, that's an old Coleman stove!

And that pile, way back in the corner ~ looks like some type of furniture? A red bandana?
There were several other 'things' my camera caught up there, a green army cot, a foam mattress, a red paint trough, a car speedometer, some wine bottles. What the heck is all of this doing up there? We won't find out what all of it is until my husband finishes re-roofing this garage this coming week. We spent last Thursday through Sunday tearing off the roof, taking down the carport and building up a new one. We probably won't find any skeletons, chests full of jewels or bags full of money - but you never know! I'll keep you posted.
6 comments:
Oh what a mix of items up there. The speedometer really tickles me though! I'm hoping there might be money in some of those old canning jars!!!
Oooh, ick!!! Maybe you'll find some really interesting things.
Hey, I'm in for the great adventure. You may find some neat old antique up there. With our economy going south, those canning jars may become a treasure. I do kind of wonder what killed those rats, though..............
:)
Yeah , just what killed and stored those rodent carcasses up there..and is it still there.........?
My vote is for you to find some hidden treasure and I hope it is lots of money...or something that will bring you a little extra in this tuff economy. With 4 kids i am sure it would help.
Oh my goodness. I can't blame you for not wanting to venture up in there. Hope you find some cool treasures when you do though! :)
Post a Comment