Tuesday, June 2, 2009

GranDOGter

This is Lily our granDOGter who came to visit us on Sunday!
She's the daughter of our black Lab Halle who is the dog in our header picture at the top of this blog. Lily's father is Donut, MN's 1/2 lab, 1/2 Vizsla dog who died last September. Lily was adopted as a puppy by one of my husband's co workers. My husband had a few co workers over for a barbecue on Sunday so when Lily's family came out they brought her along! Here's baby Lily just before leaving us to go live at her new home! She was one of 5 puppies in Halle's last litter. The kids all enjoyed seeing Lily again and Lily and Tater spent the day playing and sniffing their way all around our property together. The kids also enjoyed playing with Lily's owner's 2 little girls and making a water park out of our playground, 2 kiddie pools and the hose. Little J enjoyed a popsicle here. Later Sunday evening we had a fire in our firepit and roasted some marshmallows. KN is a toasted marshmallow perfectionist and will gladly toast yours for you until it's perfectly golden on all sides. MN will sit by the fire and tell you silly stories or sing silly songs.
KN snuck the camera off the table and took a photo of me. I like my marshmallows rather burnt! It's nice to spend a day enjoying our own yard!

6 comments:

Wobegon Cottage said...

I love seeing your family. It makes me feel like I am not that far away. They sure are growing fast. KN is so much like Michelle, she also had the perfect roasted marshmallow. It is so interesting to see how family traits repeat themselves in families. (i hope that makes sense)

KathyB. said...

KN can roast a marshmallow for me any day, and I love MN's songs and silly dances. Lily is a nice looking dog, and it appears she has a sweet temperament too!

Anonymous said...

What sweet pics of you,your children and the pup. The firepit looks like a great gathering place.

Anna Colleen said...

It looks like you all had fun. I like roasting marshmallows too, it is always fun to see grown a pup from your dog.

A. Joy said...

Wobegon Cottage~ KN has always really reminded me a LOT of Michelle too. Her laugh sounds JUST like Michelle's! I too think it's neat to see how the next generation takes after certain family members.
Mom ~ I'm sure KN would love to roast a few for you next time we're all making s'mores together! Lily does seem to be a well behaved dog.
Mildred ~ Thank you! The firepit is just starting to get some use as this is the 2nd summer since we put it in. I noticed that the rock seats absorb the heat during the day and then are nice and toasty in the cooler evening to warm up on!
Anna ~ I LOVE seeing pups we've sold after they've grown up and trying to figure out which parent they turned out like. I like to keep photos of our pups in our doggy file when people send them to us.

Connie said...

I'll have one golden toasted marshmallow and one silly song, please. :D

You have such a lovely family, A. Joy. I enjoyed all the pictures and hearing about your visitors.